With the digitalization of many government agencies, the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) has also accepted the challenge to make their services available online. The main goal is to provide seamless and more accessible services to Overseas Filipino Workers wherever they are in the world. Whether you’re registering an account or accessing personal information, this app got you.
Recently, the DMW has launched a mobile app to make sure OFWs can access their information whenever they need to. It offers excellent features to provide all the important options that users can choose from depending on their requirements and purposes. So, what is the DMW mobile app and how does it work?
What is the DMW Mobile App? Features & Benefits
The Department of Migrant Workers or DMW mobile app is specifically designed for OFWs to serve as an easy-to-access online platform to allow them to avail of all the services of the department in just a few clicks. Some of the features include the following:
- Create a personal e-registration account.
- Apply for a digital Overseas Employment Certificate or OEC online which is now being updated and replaced with the new OFW Pass.
- Access vital information for OFWs such as employment contracts, passport photos and details, etc.
- Find contact information and hotlines of every Consulate and Philippine Embassy around the world.
Accessing OECs and other documents for OFWs online is a big leap for the DMW and all migrant workers across the globe. Now, you can easily download your OEC on your mobile device and instantly use it for your employment requirements. The launching of the mobile app was an initiative of the DMW in collaboration with the Department of Information and Communications Technology for the testing of the online portal.
This digitalization helps to reduce the processing time of OFW requirements and documents, a great relief for all busy individuals. No matter where you are, the experience is just the same as with other users of the DMW mobile app. With the app, you can store your passport image, then a QR-generated OEC will instantly become available.
The Bureau of Immigration will look at your OEC in QR format for easy referencing. In addition to that, OFWs can also save their personal file in the mobile app so they can quickly view them anytime and anywhere. In the app, you can ask for assistance from the help desk if you have inquiries or other concerns.
How to Download and Install the DMW Mobile App
If you’re ready to use the DMW mobile app, downloading and installing it is as easy as 1-2-3! Just follow these steps in order to take advantage of all the features of the mobile app and make your OFW journey a breeze.
1. Go to Google Play Store by clicking on this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dmw.ofwmobileapp&hl=en&gl=US&pli=1 and download the DMW on your mobile device.
2. Install the app on your smartphone. Make sure to allow permissions that will pop up on your screen in order to use the app.
3. Click on the Sign Up Here button. Just follow the instructions to sign up for an account on the mobile app.
How to Register for an Account at DMW Mobile App
If you haven’t registered an account yet, here are the complete steps you need to follow:
1. Fill out the form by providing your passport details. Make sure all the information you enter is correct.
2. Before you click Register, review all the details to avoid problems in the registration process. A confirmation pop-up will appear to allow you to check your personal details. If everything is good, just click Yes.
3. Save your registration number. After your registration, a reference number will appear on the screen. Make sure to screenshot and save it for future reference.
4. Go to your email. Check the confirmation email sent to you to see your temporary password.
5. Go back to the mobile app to log in. Enter your email and temporary password to open your new account.
6. Change your password. Just follow the instructions on the screen to update your new password. Once done, it will confirm that the password change is successful. Remember your email and password to log in to your DMW mobile app account
Video: How to Get OEC via DMW Mobile Application Online
In this video, you will understand how to download, install, and register an account with the new DMW mobile app on your smartphone. Just follow the steps to complete the registration process.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the OWWA mobile app the same as the DMW mobile app?
No, the recently launched DMW mobile app and the OWWA mobile app are two different things although they are both helpful for OFWs.
2. Where can I download the DMW app?
You can download the DMW mobile app on Google Play Store.
3. Is the DMW mobile app free to download and install?
Yes, the DMW mobile app is free to download on Google Play.
4. Who can use the DMW mobile app?
Overseas Filipino Workers who need to obtain an OEC and other documents can use the DMW mobile app.
5. What information is included in the DMW mobile app?
The DMW mobile app stores vital information including passport information, employment contract, passport photo, and other personal details of OFWs.
With this short guide, you now understand how to download, install, and register an account with the newly launched DMW mobile app. By using this mobile app, OFWs can easily access their passport information and other documents need for their overseas employment. The main advantage of the app is that Filipino migrant workers can access their information no matter where they are working abroad.
Moreover, this guide should make it easier for you to obtain your OEC through the app. If you need to check your employment contract, all you need to do is open the mobile app and get all the details you want to review.