An Overseas Workers Welfare Administration membership comes with great benefits for Overseas Filipino Workers around the world. Active OWWA members are eligible for various benefits, services, and programs including the Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Program. Under this program, OFWs are given protection and support such as financial assistance worth up to PHP 20,000 to help them start a livelihood project.
During crisis, most OFWs are affected so the OWWA programs provide immediate relief for those who struggle financially. You can receive a big amount to start a business or livelihood project in order to build an income. However, there are qualifications and requirements to meet before you can apply for the OWWA Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Livelihood Program.
What is the OWWA Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Program?
The OWWA Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Program is a livelihood assistance for OFWs returning to the Philippines after their contracts abroad. This support package is designed for displaced or distressed Filipino migrant workers to help them create a source of income through livelihood projects. Active and inactive OWWA members can qualify for this program as long as they meet the requirements.
Moreover, you need to qualify for certain categories if you’re currently an inactive OWWA member. If you meet the following criteria, then you are qualified to avail of the Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Program:
- Displaced OFWs who are affected by economic problems, war, or political chaos in the country where they work.
- OFWs who are victims of human trafficking, illegal recruitment, and other similar situations including sexual and verbal abuse in the workplace.
- Distressed OFWs who are under the temporary shelter of the Migrant Workers and Overseas Filipinos Resource Centers as they wait until they can go home.
- Laid off OWWA members because of employer’s financial issues in the company.
The cash assistance provided through the OWWA Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Program is mainly for livelihood use. Approved applicants will receive a certain amount of money depending on their OWWA membership. However, the money must be utilized for livelihood and not for anything else.
OFWs with active OWWA membership can receive up to Php 20,000 cash assistance. Inactive OWWA members, on the other hand, with more than one contribution can receive up to Php 10,000. Inactive OWWA members with one contribution can receive up to Php 5,000 worth of cash assistance.
Requirements for OWWA BPBH Application
Before applying for the OWWA Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay, make sure to complete all the documentary requirements that you need to submit. Here’s a list of the documents you need to accomplish for the BPBH application:
- One 2×2 ID photo
- Duly accomplished OFW Verification Sheet from OWWA
- Barangay clearance
- Sketch of business and home address
- Simple Business Plan
- Duly accomplished Application Form
Bring a photocopy and original copy of these requirements:
- Valid passport with the first page including name and photo, visa stamp page of the host country, last arrival, and last departure
- Travel documents
- Airline ticket
- Termination Letter from the employer
- Referral Letter issued by the Philippine Embassy or POLO
- Training certificates such as Skills Training and Entrepreneurial Development Training
- For repatriated or medically displaced OFWs, medical records
Secure the OWWA Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay application form and fill it out along with a statement that the money will be used for starting a business or expanding a livelihood project. The application form is available at the OWWA Regional Welfare Office in your region.
How to Apply for Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay
Once you’re qualified for the Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Program and meet the requirements, you can send your application to OWWA RWO. To apply, follow this step-by-step procedure:
Step 1: Go to the nearest OWWA Regional Office and get the application form. Fill out the details for the livelihood assistance program.
Step 2: Secure all the required documents to be submitted.
Step 3: Schedule an appointment for the entrepreneurial development seminar.
Step 4: Complete the business plan, then submit all the documentary requirements to your local OWWA office.
Video: OWWA Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Program
In this video, you will get all the information you need when applying for the OWWA Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Livelihood Program including the qualifications, requirements, application process, and other helpful tips. It also talks about the benefits and services OFWs can enjoy under this program such as cash assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much can I get from the OWWA Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Program?
Approved applicants of the OWWA Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Livelihood Program can get up to Php 20,000 of cash assistance which must be used to start a business or livelihood project.
2. What is included in the Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Program package?
In addition to the cash assistance, qualified beneficiaries will also receive starter kits or goods, entrepreneurial or techno-skills training, and other services to help start or expand a livelihood project for self-employment.
3. Can I avail myself of the Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay twice or more?
No, the livelihood assistance program is only available for each applicant once.
4. When can I apply for the Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Program?
OFWs are eligible to apply within one year after returning to the Philippines, as long as their employment contracts abroad are not yet finished.
5. Who can’t avail of the OWWA BPBH Livelihood Program?
OFWs with finished employment contracts abroad can no longer avail of the Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Program.
Now that you know how to apply for the OWWA Balik Pinas Balik Hanapbuhay Livelihood Assistance Program, it should be easier to process your application with the nearest OWWA RWO in your region. The Php 20,000 cash assistance can surely help you start your own business or livelihood project. As long as you meet the qualifications and requirements, you are eligible to start your BPBH Program application today.