Health is the most important asset and the greatest wealth in our lives. Without it, we won’t be able to take care of our family, and worse, we might become a burden to them. The Philippine government understands the importance of having good health and because of this, they provided medical care to all Filipino migrant workers and their dependents by building the Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) Hospital and Diagnostic Center.
The OFW Hospital and Diagnostic Center is the world’s first hospital dedicated to Overseas Filipino Workers’ medical needs. It is located on MacArthur Highway, San Fernando, Pampanga, and began operating in May 2022. It provides various services such as outpatient care, inpatient care, emergency care, and surgery. It makes sure that they give high-quality medical care by examining the physical and mental capabilities of all Filipino workers and their families.
Not all Filipinos can be admitted to OFW Hospital. The hospital was built with the purpose of providing medical care and health services only to OFWs and their dependents.
- Qualification for OFWs
- Filipino worked or working overseas
- Land-based or Sea-based OFW
- OFWs whether active or inactive, undocumented at OWWA
- No age limit
- Qualifications for Dependents
- OFWs legal souse
- OFWs minor or incapacitated child
- OFWs parents
- Minor siblings (for unmarried OFWs)
OFW Hospital Benefits
The OFW Hospital was built to give easier and more convenient medical care to all OFWs. The hospital ensures that OFWs will be given preventive and curative treatment choices and that they can continue their work abroad without risking their health or enduring themselves while on the job.
OFW Hospital offers a wide range of programs and services to maintain your health and your family.
- Outpatient Consultation for all ages
- Pre-Employment Medical Examination
- Radiology Diagnostic Imaging
- Laboratory Services
- Complete Blood Count with Platelet Count
- Bleeding Time / Clothing Time (CT, BT)
- Blood Typing
- Clinical Microscopy
- Fecal Occult Blood (FOBT)
- Pregnancy Test
- Clinical Chemistry
- Fasting Blood Sugar (FBS)
- Blood Urea Nitrogen
- Blood Uric Acid
- SGPT (ALT)
- SGOT (AST)
- Dengue NS1 Antigen
- Dengue Duo
- HIV Screening
- Inpatient Admission
- Minor Surgery
- Urgent-Care (24/7 Emergency Room)
- Ambulance and Patient Transport Service
- Malasakit Center Services
- Intensive Care Unit Services
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Services
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Heart Station
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- 2D Echo
- Family Medicine / Primary Care
- Obstetric and Gynecologic Procedure
- Surgical Procedures
- Open Cholecystectomy
- Open Appendectomy
- Modified Radical Mastectomy
- Creation of arteriovenous fistula
- Excision of superficial benign lesions
- Core needle / percutaneous needle biopsy (CT guided / Ultrasound guided)
- OB GYN
- Tubal Ligation
- Dilatation and Curettage
- Normal Spontaneous Delivery
- Cesarean Section
- Open Appendectomy
- Open Cholecystectomy
- Tube thoracostomy
- Suprapubic cystostomy
- Incision and drainage
- Selective cannulation of the central vein for temporary/long-term hemodialysis or central access
- Blood Services
OFW Hospital Appointment Booking
The OFW hospital is relatively new but they already have a lot of patients. For them to cater to your needs, you need to book an appointment through their website. Follow these easy steps to book your appointment.
- Go to http://www.ofwhospital.info/ and click “BOOK AN APPOINTMENT”.
- Click “OFW” or “DEPENDENT”.
- Fill out the form about the personal information.
- Provide the necessary documents such as valid IDs, 2×2 photo, proof of relation (e.g. birth certificate, marriage contract, etc.), and Philhealth ID or MDR.
- Click “SUBMIT”.
Once your appointment has been confirmed, you can now visit the hospital on your chosen date and time.
If you want to know more about the medical process at the OFW Hospital, watch Dr. Mike Manio.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) Hospital and Diagnostic Center?
Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) Hospital and Diagnostic Center or OFW Hospital is the world’s first hospital dedicated to all Overseas Filipino workers and their dependents
What is the purpose of the OFW Hospital?
The OFW Hospital’s goal is to provide high-quality medical care to OFWs and their family.
What are the services offered at OFW Hospital?
It offers a wide range of services such as outpatient/inpatient consultation, laboratory and imaging diagnosis, and specialist referrals.
Do we have to book an appointment before going to the hospital?
Yes. Visit their website at http://www.ofwhospital.info to book your appointment.
Can non-OFWs be admitted to the OFW hospital?
Yes. For workers who are not OFWs but working in a company that places Filipino workers abroad, patients who were referred by an OFW, military officers working abroad, and government workers abroad can receive medical care.
Does OFW Hospital give free medical examinations to OFWs?
Yes, it gives free medical examinations. This includes pre- and post-employment medical examinations required by the employers.
Does it provide emergency medical care for patients from foreign countries?
Yes. OFW Hospital accepts patients from foreign countries as long as they are qualified.
What are the OFW Hospital’s office hours?
Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) Hospital and Diagnostic Center is open from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM Mondays through Fridays except Holidays.
For the past years, a lot of OFWs have gotten ill, injured, and neglected their health because of the high medical fees for examinations, laboratories, and treatment. They would sometimes prefer to ignore the pain and sickness they have just to make sure that their hard-earned money will go to their family. As a result, the sickness that they are trying to hide will just get worse and might lead to death.
The Overseas Filipino Workers are considered heroes of the new generations. They give a big impact on our economy, give hope for the future of their families, and it is just fair that the government takes the initiative to take care of them and their families. Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) Hospital and Diagnostic Center ensures that it will take good care of our modern heroes by providing them with a great level of care physically, mentally, and emotionally.